Search and Download Data
- Field activity information search
Search for information on USGS Coastal and Marine Science Program field activities and data collection.
- Coastal and Marine Geoscience Data System — CMGDS
This web site provides data services for the published data of the Coastal and Marine Geology Program.
- California Seafloor Mapping Program — CSMP
CSMP is a cooperative program to create a comprehensive coastal/marine geologic and habitat base map series for all of California's State waters.
- National Archive of Marine Seismic Surveys — NAMSS
NAMSS is a marine seismic reflection profile data archive consisting of data acquired by or contributed to U.S. Department of the Interior agencies. The USGS is committed to safekeeping this data on behalf of the academic community and the nation. These data are provided with free and open access.
- Coastal and Marine Geology Program Interactive Maps
Links to Coastal and Marine Geology GIS data and metadata that are available for download. Content can be accessed by region (U.S. Atlantic Coast, U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and U.S. Pacific Coast), or by research projects:
- GLORIA (Geologic LOng-Range Inclined Asdic):
- Shoreline Change:
- a national map view of short- and long-term shoreline change evaluations, and historical and modern shorelines
- Coastal Vulnerability Index:
- maps the vulnerability of the coast to sea-level rise
- datasets hold georeferenced point data for more than 300,000 data sites in U.S. waters from the beach to the deep sea, rivers, lakes, and estuaries
See also: Informational overview
- USGS Inland Waters:
- published GIS data layers and information on inland waters
- Field Activities
- provides a geographic map view of the location of research-related field activities conducted by the USGS Coastal and Marine Geology Program (CMGP) dating from 1965 to the present
- Southwest Washington Coastal Erosion Study Data — SWCES
- Antarctic Seismic Data Library System — SDLS
- San Francisco Bay Area Regional Database — BARD
BARD's goal is to provide USGS mapping data that is not readily available on other USGS data sites. These include historical maps for the Bay area, individual elevation (DEM) quadrangles (1:24,000 scale), and county compressed orthoimagery. Links to other USGS data such as bathymetry are also provided.
Data Viewers and Visualization
Interactive maps allow users to generate their own data sets based on many parameters, and some provide visualization services for hindcasting and forecasting.
- Coastal Storm Modeling System — CoSMoS
The Coastal Storm Modeling System (CoSMoS) makes detailed predictions (meter-scale) of storm-induced coastal flooding, erosion and cliff failures over large geographic scales (100s of kilometers).
- Our Coast Our Future — OCOF
Our Coast, Our Future is a collaborative, user-driven project focused on providing San Francisco Bay Area coastal resource and land use managers and planners locally relevant, online maps and tools to help understand, visualize, and anticipate vulnerabilities to sea level rise and storms within the bay and on the outer coast from Half Moon Bay to Bodega Bay.
- USGS Coastal Change Hazards Portal
Provides interactive access to coastal change science and data for our Nation’s coasts
The CCH portal is a collaborative project between USGS Coastal and Marine Geology Program (CMGP) scientists and informatics specialists and software engineers at the USGS Center for Integrated Data Analytics (CIDA).