Data of field activity M-1-00-SC in Northern Channel Islands
and Santa Barbara Coast from 06/12/2000 to 07/18/2000
Chief Scientist: Guy Cochrane. Data (Kleinsidescan) of
field activity M-1-00-SC in Northern Channel Islands and
Santa Barbara Coast from 06/12/2000 to 07/18/2000,
Equipment Used -
Kleinsidescan Klein 2000
Associated cruises in southern California:
<A HREF ="<http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/s/s504sc/html/s-5-04-sc.meta.html>">S-5-04-SC</A>
Cochrane, G.R., Nasby, N.M., Reid, J.A., Waltenberger, B., and Lee, K.M., 2003, Nearshore
Benthic Habitat GIS for the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary and Southern California State
Fisheries Reserves Volume 1, U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 2003-85:<BR>
<A HREF="<http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/ofr/ofr0385>" target="of1"><http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/ofr/ofr0385>
Similar information is available for thousands
of other USGS/CMG-related Activities.
If known, available are Activity-specific
navigation, gravity, magnetics, bathymetry,
seismic, and sampling data; track maps; and
equipment information; as well as summary
overviews, crew lists, and information
about analog materials.
If available, access to physical samples is
described in the "WR CMG Sample Distribution
Primary access to the USGS/CMG Information
Bank's digital data, analog data, and
metadata is provided through...
This page accomodates a variety of search
approaches (e.g., by platform, by region,
by scientist, by equipment type, etc.).
- How should this data set be cited?
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), <http://www.usgs.gov/>, Coastal and Marine Geology Program (CMGP) <http://marine.usgs.gov/>, Chief Scientist (GUY COCHRANE), 20131029, Data of field activity M-1-00-SC in Northern Channel Islands and Santa Barbara Coast from 06/12/2000 to 07/18/2000: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) <http://www.usgs.gov>, Coastal and Marine Geology (CMG) <http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov>, Menlo Park, CA.
- What geographic area does the data set cover?
- West_Bounding_Coordinate: -120.19615
- East_Bounding_Coordinate: -119.20629
- North_Bounding_Coordinate: 34.38632
- South_Bounding_Coordinate: 33.88497
- What does it look like?
- Does the data set describe conditions during a particular time period?
- Beginning_Date: 12-Jun-2000
- Ending_Date: 18-Jul-2000
- Currentness_Reference: ground condition
- What is the general form of this data set?
- How does the data set represent geographic features?
- How are geographic features stored in the data set?
This is a Point data set.
It contains the following vector data types (SDTS terminology):
- Indirect_Spatial_Reference: Northern Channel Islands and Santa Barbara Coast
- What coordinate system is used to represent geographic features?
Horizontal positions are specified in geographic coordinates, that is, latitude and longitude.
Latitudes are given to the nearest 0.00001.
Longitudes are given to the nearest 0.00001.
Latitude and longitude values are specified in Decimal degrees.
The horizontal datum used is North American Datum of 1983.
The ellipsoid used is Geodetic Reference System 80.
The semi-major axis of the ellipsoid used is 6378137.
The flattening of the ellipsoid used is 1/298.257.
- Depth_Datum_Name: Local surface
- Depth_Resolution: 0.1
- Depth_Distance_Units: meters
- Depth_Encoding_Method: Attribute values
- How does the data set describe geographic features?
Navigation with Time Stamp <http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/programs/html/definition/nav.html>
- Who are the originators of the data set? (may include formal authors, digital compilers, and editors)
- Who also contributed to the data set?
Guy Cochrane (Chief Scientist, USGS Western Region);
Mike Boyle (Electrical Technician, USGS Western Region)
- To whom should users address questions about the data?
These data and information are intended for science
researchers, students from elementary through
college, policy makers, and general public.
NEARSHORE BENTHIC HABITATS
BENTHIC HABITAT MAPPING
- From what previous works were the data drawn?
- How were the data generated, processed, and modified?
- Date: 21-Nov-2000 (process 1 of 1)
Person who carried out this activity:
- What similar or related data should the user be aware of?
- How well have the observations been checked?
Identified as best available version.
- How accurate are the geographic locations?
- How accurate are the heights or depths?
- Where are the gaps in the data? What is missing?
Start and end date/times of data
Navigation Data (m-1-00-sc.062 [GPS])
- How consistent are the relationships among the observations, including topology?
Are there legal restrictions on access or use of the data?
- Who distributes the data set? (Distributor 1 of 1)
- What's the catalog number I need to order this data set?
Downloadable Data M-1-00-SC data set <http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/m/m100sc/html/m-1-00-sc.meta.html>
- What legal disclaimers am I supposed to read?
Please recognize the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) as
the source of this information.
Physical materials are under controlled on-site access.
Some USGS information accessed through this means
may be preliminary in nature and presented without
the approval of the Director of the USGS. This
information is provided with the understanding
that it is not guaranteed to be correct or complete
and conclusions drawn from such information are
the responsibility of the user.
This information is not intended for navigational
Any use of trade, firm, or product names is for
descriptive purposes only and does not imply
endorsement by the U.S. Government.
- How can I download or order the data?
- Availability in digital form:
- Cost to order the data: None
- Last modified: 29-Oct-2013
- Metadata author:
- Metadata standard:
- FGDC Content Standards for Digital Geospatial Metadata <http://www.fgdc.gov/> (FGDC-STD-001-1998 <http://www.its.nbs.gov/nbs/meta/meta.html>)
Generated by mp version 2.9.13 on Tue Oct 29 13:00:04 2013