Coastal and Marine Geology Metadata and Data
Dictionaries: Data Dictionary Metadata Dictionary
- "Gridded" and "Image" information are information that has regularly spaced values.
- "Gridded" information contains data values.
- "Image" information contains a representation of values normalized to a range of gray scales (commonly 0 - 255).
- Gridded information is usually derived from scattered data.
- Image information is often a direct observation.
- Gridded information is commonly extracted into a "scattered" form with latitude, longitude, value triplets.
- Gridded information occurs in the InfoBank as:
- multibeam -- gridded files containing bathymetry information from a variety of sources.