The primary components are:
for example the USGS CMG InfoBank
data and metadata definitions.
for example the USGS Earthquake Hazards Program's EQ glossary
for example the
Annenberg/CPB Resources Earth Revealed educational series
- The series is served on-line by Annenberg through this link.
A free registration and password is required.
- This is the source for viewing the full 30-minute videos.
- These videos are commonly broadcast by
public broadcast television stations
to be used as school curriculum.
- Our transcript of each learning object (video segment)
- Dictionaries -- Data and metadata dictionaries describe formats and naming conventions used by InfoBank.
- Usage Definitions -- Terms, data types, and data formats are definitions of terminology as used within InfoBank.
"We are getting into semantics again. If we use words,
there is a very grave
danger they will be misinterpreted." -- H. R. Haldeman