Tips for Using CSMP ArcMap Web Services
- Select the service link provided to open the main service page in a browser.
- At the top of the main service page, find the ViewIn: row of options and click on ArcMap
- A layer file (.lyr) is created and downloaded to your computer according to the browser download settings. The layer file contains the symbology and other related parameters used to display this service in ArcMap.
- Note the location where the layer file (.lyr) is saved.
- Open ArcMap version 10.0 or above.
- Once this service has been added to the map display, click on the check box next to the name of this layer to view all of the layers the service may contain. All the layers within the service are turned off by default. Turn on the layers you want to view.
- Further expand to view the symbology for a particular feature class.
- Note: Spatial data and metadata are available for download in their native format from California State Waters Map Series Data Catalog (http:/pubs.usgs.gov/ds/781/). Downloading these metadata is highly recommended if you wish to use the data for analysis.